Frequently Asked Questions
How to Apply
- Can I receive an Aeromexico Visa Card without being a Club Premier Member?
Yes. If you do not currently have a Club Premier Frequent Flyer Member Number, one will be assigned to you. All of your Miles will accumulate to one Mileage Account with Aeromexico.
- Can I use my spouse's Club Premier Member Number to apply for an Aeromexico Visa Card?
No. The primary Aeromexico Visa Cardholder's name must match the Club Premier Member name and associated Frequent Flyer Number. However, if you would like additional cards for a family member, you can request to add authorized signers to your account.
- How long will it take to receive my Card?
You will receive notification of the status of your application within 7-10 business days.
- Do I earn rewards with the Aeromexico Visa Card?
Yes! You earn Miles with everyday purchases that can be redeemed for flights and upgrades on Aeromexico and SkyTeam partners.
- What are the other benefits from the Aeromexico Visa Card?
- Earning Power
Use the Aeromexico Visa Card for all purchases from airline tickets to hotels to gas and groceries to big-ticket items like computers and home furnishings to monthly recurring charges (mortgage, utilities, daycare services, or tuition).
- Automatic Bill Payments
Pay all of your bills with your Card. Contact merchants or service providers for exact details and acceptance. Learn more about Automatic Bill Payment.
Pay your Aeromexico Visa Card bill from any checking or savings account in the United States. Learn more about AutoPay.
- Online Banking
Enroll to view transactions, make a payment, request convenience checks or balance transfers, or set-up account alerts. Learn more about Online Banking.
- Are there limits to earning Miles on the Aeromexico Visa Card?
There are no Mileage caps on Aeromexico Visa Cards.
Basic Card Facts
- What's the difference between an Aeromexico Visa Signature Card and an Aeromexico Visa Card?
View the Card Comparison page for more details on the Aeromexico Cards.
- Can I only use the Aeromexico Visa Card for purchases with Aeromexico?
The Aeromexico Visa Card works just like any other Visa Card for purchases at millions of locations that accept Visa Credit Cards.
- Can I use the Aeromexico Visa Card for instant cash at ATMs?
Yes. You can use your Aeromexico Visa Card for cash advances at ATMs that accept Visa Credit Cards. Cash advances do not earn Mileage.
- Is the APR competitive?
The APR is competitive for credit cards that offer rewards. You pay no interest on purchases when you pay your bill in full by the payment due date each month.
- Why is there an annual fee on Aeromexico Credit Cards when I can get almost any card with no annual fee?
Airline-affiliated credit cards that offer miles for card usage generally charge an annual fee. Keep using your Card for all your purchases and you’ll be on your way to many Club Premier benefits, including upgrades and round trip tickets with Aeromexico and other SkyTeam partner airlines.
- Can I access my Aeromexico Visa Card account online?
Yes. Enjoy managing your account in the privacy of your own home or while you are traveling via the Internet. Learn more about Online Banking.
Chip Card Technology
- Why is my card changing?
Your new card will come with chip technology. Chip technology is a more secure way to pay – at more places around the world. It is the global standard in fraud protection.
- Is the chip card better? How?
The embedded microchip offers a greater degree of protection from unauthorized use because it is extremely difficult to copy. Best of all, your card is even easier to use in other countries, where chip card readers are becoming the norm.
- But I don’t see chipcard readers where I shop. Will my card still work?
Yes, your Aeromexico Visa still has a magnetic stripe, so it can still be swiped like before.
- What information is on a chip card?
The microchip embedded in your card stores the same type of information already stored in the magnetic stripe. Rest assured, no personal information about your account is stored on the chip card.
- What is a chip credit or debit card?
Chip cards, or "smart cards" have a microchip embedded in the credit or debit card. The information on the chip is encrypted and provides stronger security and protection against fraud. A chip card also has a magnetic stripe on the back of the card.
- What does a chip card look like?
Many features of a chip card are the same as a magnetic stripe card. Both cards are embossed on the front with the card number, cardmember name and expiration date and provide the three-digit security code on the back of the card. The key difference is the gold or silver-colored embedded chip on the front left side of the card.
- What are the benefits of my new chip card?
The embedded microchip makes the card extremely difficult to copy, which ensures enhanced security if it is lost or stolen and makes a card more difficult to counterfeit. Chip cards securely store information and process data safely and efficiently.
- Will my card work outside the United States?
Your new chip card will work at merchants processing transactions using a chip terminal or using a magnetic stripe. Chip cards can be used anywhere in the world where Visa cards are accepted.
- Now that I have a chip card should I continue to notify you before I travel internationally?
Yes, advance notification will help ensure that legitimate purchases are approved.
- Are chip cards safer than magnetic stripe cards?
Chip cards provide a higher level of security in some countries because the encrypted chip uses several measures that create a complex level of security making a chip card difficult to copy or counterfeit.
- Does this mean that a magnetic stripe card is not secure?
Cardmembers should be confident about the safety and security of using magnetic stripe cards. Converting to chip technology is the next step in electronic payments to enhance card safety. In addition, you can have confidence in the protection and security features we provide our cardmembers.
- If my card has a chip, are you discontinuing magnetic stripes on cards?
No, magnetic stripes will continue to be used on cards so they can be used at terminals in countries that have not yet converted to chip technology. Magnetic stripe cards will continue to be a secure way to make payments.
- Is this a chip and PIN card?
Our new chip cards do not employ chip and PIN technology. Your signature will be required at the end of the transaction, just like your current magnetic stripe card does.
- Are there any additional fees on chip cards?
No additional fees apply to your new chip card.
- Will my new chip card be covered under the Zero Fraud Liability policy?
Yes, your new chip Visa card will be protected under the same Zero Fraud Liability policy1 as your current magnetic stripe card.
- How do I make a chip card transaction?
- Insert the chip portion of the card into the terminal with the chip facing up. It’s important to leave the card in the terminal until the transaction is complete. (If you remove the card too soon, the transaction will end and your purchase will not be processed.)
- Follow the prompts on the terminal’s screen.
- The terminal will display the purchase amount.
- Once the purchase is approved, a receipt is printed for your signature. When your transaction is complete, you will be prompted to remove your card.
NOTE: At restaurants, a portable terminal may be brought to your table.
- Do chip card transactions take longer?
During the purchase, the chip and terminal authenticate the transaction, which may take slightly longer than a magnetic stipe transaction.
- Can I use my chip card on the internet or for mail or telephone purchases?
Yes, you’ll use your chip card the same way you currently use your magnetic stripe card for these types of purchases.
- Do chips get damaged?
Your new chip card is just as durable as your old magnetic stripe card.
- Can I still use my chip card at an ATM?
Yes, cash advances are available via ATM for chip cardmembers.
- Can I continue to use my existing PIN on my chip card?
Yes. You can continue to use your existing PIN for ATM transactions.
- What if a merchant asks for a PIN during the purchase?
Simply follow the instructions on the terminal to complete the transaction.
- Is customer service available in Spanish?
Yes. Simply call 866-794-2136. When you call this number you will have the choice of connecting to a Spanish-speaking customer service representative or using the automated 24-hour voice response system. The voice response system allows you to access detailed information about your Aeromexico Visa account balance in English as well as in Spanish.
- Whom should I call with questions about my Aeromexico Visa Card?
Contact 24-hour Cardmember Services with any questions about your Card.
- What steps can I take to help maintain good credit?
Visit U.S. Bank Credit Wellness for helpful information about how credit can play a role in your life.